Wiring the HD transmitterSubmit a request
This section reviews the tasks associated with wiring the HD transmitter.
A - Connecting to Camera
Connect the Camera Cable to the HD transmitter video input port (2) and the other end to the camera video output port (1).
Keep the camera cable as far as possible from any high power cables and ESCs.
When connecting or disconnecting the HD transmitter to the camera cable, make sure the connector is inserted or extracted straight and not in an angle. Visually inspect that all pins inside the connectors are straight before connecting.
B - Connecting to Flight Controller
Wiring Telemetry Cable
- Connect the fourth wire (2) to the flight controller UART Tx port
- Connect the third wire (3) to the flight controller UART GND port.
Configuring the Flight Controller
The flight controller must have CleanFlight version 1.13 or later.
- Connect MAVLink to the appropriate UART (MAVLink output port) of the flight controller.
- Burn the CleanFlight version (version 1.13 and above).
- Open the CleanFlight configurator and connect to Flight Controller.
- Under Other Features, enable TELEMETRY.
- Press Save and Reboot.
- Go to CLI.
- Write serial to see all serial ports available. Ports 0,1,2 are HW UART.
- Write the following line: serial 1 256 115200 57600 57600 115200.
- 1 – is the HW UART port
- 256 – will cause the FC to use MAVLink on port 31
- 57600 – is the UART’s baudrate
OSD Information Delivered from Flight Controller
Telemetry information delivered from the flight controller includes:
- Flight duration – time starts counting when the drone is armed
- When GPS is available – displays heading
- When GPS is unavailable – displays yaw
- Battery capacity – only if there is a current sensor
- Flight controller mode
Tip: For more information on telemetry data, see Setting OSD Overlays, or visit the FAQ on the Amimon website.
C - Connecting to a Power Source
Connect the HD Transmitter Power Cable to the HD transmitter power socket (1) and the other end to the power source.
- Be sure to connect the red wire to the positive pole and the black wire to the negative pole of the power source.
- The HD transmitter can be connected directly to the battery. It is compatible with 7V to 17V, or 2S to 4S batteries.