About CONNEX, CONNEX Mini and CONNEX FusionSubmit a request
AMIMON’s CONNEX, CONNEX mini and CONNEX Fusion provide a high-end, high-performance wireless HD connection that can operate in challenging unmanned air or ground platforms under harsh conditions with zero latency, such as UAV/UGV. The small and lightweight CONNEX systems transmit commercial, industrial, inspection and monitoring video in real time to their Ground Unit(s), which can be located up to 1,000 meters away.
The figure above contains the following main components and people:
- Air Unit: The Air Unit is connected to a drone in order to capture video from the drone's camera and to transmit it to up to four Ground Units simultaneously (multicast), thus creating a wireless video link.
- Ground Unit: The Ground Unit connects to various types of monitors, video goggles or a portable video monitor via the HDMI port. This enables the pilot and/or camera operator to monitor the video transmitted from the Air Unit.
- Pilot: The pilot can view the video on a monitor or wear video goggles connected to the Ground Unit. Flight control (telemetry) information from the drone is overlaid on the video. The pilot uses a remote flight controller to control the drone.
- Camera Operator: The camera operator can hold a portable video monitor on which the video can be viewed. The camera operator can use a gimbal remote control to control the drone camera’s gimbal through the S.BUS port of the Air Unit.
The following features apply to both all CONNEX Family products:
- Zero latency, real-time video
- True full HD 1080P at 60fps
- Extremely resilient 5GHz digital link
- Automatic Frequency Selection (AFS) that fully complies with regulations and automatically selects the best free frequency available
- Encrypted and secure
- Sturdy design for harsh conditions
- Built-in OSD view with embedded MAVLInk-based telemetry
- Gimbal control over Futaba® S.BUS and PPM
- Plug-and-Fly, ready to operate out of the box
- DFS support enables multiple free channels, thus boosting robustness
- Android and MAC / Windows-based management support application
The following table compares the technical capabilities of the CONNEX and the CONNEX mini.
|CONNEX/CONNEX Fusion||CONNEX MINI|
|air unit||CONNEX||Up to 1,000m / 3,000 ft range (LOS)||unavailble|
|Supports both 40 MHz bandwidth (for best quality) and 20 MHz bandwidth (for stability boost)|
|Manual frequency selection option that enables setting a specific non-DSF frequency in the authorized regional spectrum.|
|CONNEX MINI||Up to 1,000m / 3,000 ft range (LOS)||Up to 500m / 1,500 ft range (LOS)|
|Supports 40 MHz bandwidth||Supports 40 MHz bandwidth|
|No Manual frequency selection option||No Manual frequency selection option|
In the Box
The CONNEX systems are comprised of an Air Unit (transmitter) and a Ground Unit (receiver). For details about the components of the Air and Ground Units and the accessories provided with each, refer to the following sections: