Why is my System range is limited to 500m? below 1000m?Submit a request
CONNEX system's range depends on several parameters:
- Regional RF regulations may limit the allowed CONNEX transmission power.
Please check with your local Radio administration which band is approved for use in your area.
- Interference: Other 5GHz systems in close proximity may limit the system's effective range.
- Link environmental conditions: Try to have a clear line of sight between the Air and Ground units
- Channel mode: the CONNEX system supports two channel modes:
- "High Quality" = Full HD (1080p60) over 40MHz BW, or,
- "Stability Boost" = Most robust (up to 1080i60) over 20MHz BW
For best performance, ensure to set the Air unit and Ground unit antennas according to the following recommendations:
- Mount the Air unit's antennas firmly to the drone
- Align all antennas to be parallel and facing each other:
- Air unit antennas should be facing the Ground unit antennas.
- Keep the Air unit antennas at least one inch away from any metal or carbon elements and at least two inches apart
- Tightly secure the Air unit antennas so they will not move during the drone’s mission
- Set the Air unit antennas to be parallel with 90 degrees phase between them
If antenna positioning is as recommended, there are no surrounding interferences and you have a clear line of sight between the Air and Ground units you should expect to have a good link of 1000 meters (0.6 miles).
For more details visit this article