Replacing a PropellerSubmit a request
Falcore and quad copters in general use two types of propellers:
- On the front right and rear left motors (2 & 3), counter- clockwise (CCW) type propellers are used.
- On the rear right and front left motors (1 & 4), clockwise (CW, also known as “Reversed”) type propellers are used.
Caution:Installing the wrong propeller type will usually cause the drone to flip upside down on takeoff.
Note:A good way to remember the direction of the propellers is that the blade closer to the drone body always turns toward the middle of the drone.
- To change a propeller:
- Determine whether the propeller to be changed spins clockwise (CW) or counter clockwise (CCW).
- For a CW motor, prepare a new propeller marked with an For a CCW motor prepare a propeller with no R.
- While holding the motor in place with the tool (2),
use the other part of the tool (1) to unscrew the nut on the top of the propeller.
- Remove the old propeller from the motor shaft.
- Install the new propeller with the convex side (2) of the propeller blade facing The leading edge of the blade (1) should be the higher edge of the blade.
- Verify that the propeller is fully pushed down onto the motor shaft.
- Use the tool to tighten the Do not over tighten.